Wednesday, October 12, 2005

 

T+9 October 11

Mostly administration. I started versions of my documentation and began working on my brown-bag seminars. Gotta deliver two during the program. I made contact with my sponsor finally and will be meeting with him the next couple of days to ensure the project delivers what he's looking for. He's in Vancouver so at least it's the same time zone. Some of the team has sponsors in less convenient time zones.

Trying to set up virtual PC and having some network problems. For some reason it doesn't want to share the wireless connection. The wired connection works fine (and is faster anyway) but I'm tied to the desk if it need the VM to do any network access. Probably not necessary for my particular project (except demos I guess) so it probably won't be a big deal. Zipping up a VHD file shrinks it about 50% but it's still 1.8Gb in size. (WHOA!)

Seems our public connection to the internet is still a little be secured somewhere between the office and out there. I can't connect to my personal FTP site. Works fine from the apartment. Turns out it didn't have what I thought anyway.

Lunch was the Chinese place across from Subway. They say "dine in our carry out" (takeaway as the mates say) but since they only had 4 chairs and there were six of us, we "took away" and ate back in the lunch room. After work Mark and I went on a little adventure to Redmond. The houses are nice. Found a store reminiscent of shopping in Texas: Fred Meyer. If you need it, he sells it. If he doesn't sell it, you don't need it.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?