Sunday, October 09, 2005

 

T+6 October 8

All 8 of us went to Mt Rainier. Once again I am amazed by the beauty of nature. Mark brought his video cam and several of us had our regular cameras. I think it's safe to say we photographed the journey in full. It was a long day of walking, driving and riding but well worth the effort. Surprisingly, Seattle is north of the mountains (Rainier and St. Helen's). Stereotypes imply the mountains are all bigger to the north. Check back later for pix.

I heartily recommend the hike to Grove of the Patriarchs. I've never seen the redwoods so these are the oldest living trees I've every been around.

We ended up splitting into 2 groups, one that made an assault on the summit and another that took the kinder, gentler, "nearly level" route. All in all, a long day but one that convinced me I could easily live out here as my career unfolds.

Back at the ranch, Mark invited us over for dinner (baked spaghetti) and a review of the video. A few "domestic Don" chores and that wrapped the day.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?