Sunday, October 09, 2005

 

T+5 October 7

Another full day. After some more administrative stuff and another meeting, we get assigned our projects. Due to the nature of them, I can't really go into details in a public forum. However, I can say I will be doing some very interesting work in an area of immense interest to me personally. I am looking forward to spending time learning about some of the in's and out's of how some of the client engagement procedures work. Based on my prior assignments, I haven't had any experience doing that so it will be a beneficial opportunity. We have one team of two on their project, the rest of us are singletons as far as the quarter's projects.

For me, I spent some time working with Virtual PC. I will be using it to setup evaluation environments. Looks like a pretty cool product, if a little quirky yet in this release. I am reminded of early versions of MS Windows (aka Window) that struggled to run more than one concurrent application. Now our PCs run multiple concurrent operating systems. Incredible but very useful.

I'm putting together a training plan. They are allowing up to 10 days of training as part of the program. It doesn't have to be directly related to your assigned project so I'm thinking of getting some training that will help me get my MCT. I really only need to "train the trainer" class and will have it met. I was told that if I could find the class near my home, I could take it there and have a week of home-cooked meals. Gotta look for that soon so I can get it scheduled.

For lunch we met the man for lunch, another local tradition. I've had better food so probably won't be going back there. We wrapped the day by planning our first weekend. Then I did a little shopping and retired to my apt for the evening.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?